I first came across calligraphy as an art tutor in the prison system. Many of my students wanted to make cards for their families using ‘Old English’ style writing. And so I started learning gothic lettering….That’s how I got started in calligraphy. I soon caught the bug and wanted to try different styles, pens, nibs and inks. Now I love passing this on to learners and enjoy the focused, mindful attitude that calligraphy brings to any group of people.
- Running workshops for adult and community learning
- Private group teaching
- One to one tuition
- Taster sessions for corporate clients
- Personal development programmes
- Tailored and individual study
Calligraphy Workshop – beginners
A chance to get started with gothic and copperplate hands in the beautiful surroundings of Westbury Arts Centre, Milton Keynes MK5 6AA. This is a whole day workshop 10.00 – 4.00 and costs £60 inclusive of materials. There will be a chance to try out equipment, nibs, inks and papers with recommendations for what to use going forward.
- Plenty of short, inspiring projects to try.
- Small group with individual help suited to your interests.
- Set in the relaxing environment of an ancient manor house
Email me to book a place. Hope to see you there!